To be considered for admission to the Respiratory Care Program a student must:
- Submit an admissions application to Kalamazoo Valley Community College listing Pre-Respiratory Care as the program choice.
- Provide the Admissions & Records Office with an
- High school transcript or GED test scores indicating high school graduate equivalency.
- College transcript from all previous colleges attended, if applicable.
- Students must have an overall grade point average of 2.0 or greater.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Students must achieve college level competencies via successful completion of either the
COMPASS or ACT Reading, Writing and Math exams at acceptable
levels. If applicants do not attain the minimum acceptable COMPASS/ACT scores, they will be required to take recommended coursework. The placement score in Reading cannot be waived by any prior coursework or degrees. Minimum scores are:
COMPASS Scores: ACT Scores:
50 (Test 1/Pre-Algebra)
- Complete the course prerequisite requirements by:
- Using transfer courses from other colleges when equivalent to the courses listed.
- Taking and completing KVCC courses successfully.