Student Loan Check List
- Apply for a Federal Pin Number (www.pin.ed.gov)
- Complete FAFSA and satisfy any outstanding requirements. Outstanding requirements can be found accessing your My Valley account.
- If interest in a student loan was not indicated on your FAFSA, complete KVCC Loan Request/Adjustment Form.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling for first time borrowers. This is a one time requirement for KVCC student borrowers.
- Review Financial Aid Award letter by accessing your My Valley page, if no loan is awarded and you would like a loan, complete and return Loan Request/Adjustment Form.
- Accept, Reduce or Decline Student Loan on your My Valley page.
- You must complete and sign a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) if you have not previously borrowed under the Direct Loan program. (This includes all previous loan borrowers at KVCC, unless you borrowed under the Direct Loan program previously at another college).