Center for New MediaCenter for New Media
The Center for New Media offers career-based, industry-standard instruction for all aspects of digital design and web development.
A creative and open learning environment where you can design your future by combining individual or career project applications, certificates, and associates degrees with a wealth of specialized courses and faculty all geared toward your success.
Kalamazoo Valley Community College’s Center for New Media has grown to meet the future head-on with a newly constructed, state-of-the-art facility as part of the Arcadia Commons Campus in downtown Kalamazoo.
Apply your imagination on a practical path through the electronic world at the Center for New Media.
The Center for New Media features:
- Eleven classrooms and computer labs operating on both Mac and PC platforms
- Classrooms specifically created for drawing, fine art, photography and videography, 3D animation, web development, and software training
- Several practice and production labs including a print and prepress production lab and a lighting lab
- Five galleries showcasing student artwork, designs, and projects:the Arcus Gallery which displays student work in multimedia and digital stills, complete with six plasma screens and high-tech display areas; the Central, Momentum, South, Upper East Galleries which displays still art, digital and traditional media
- Offices and conference rooms for faculty and student meetings
- ThinkSpace: a designated area to nurture creativity in the approach, application, and management of projects
The Center for New Media offers both traditional 16-week college classes and short, intensive classes in animation, creative and technical writing, digital photography, e-commerce, graphic design, programming, and web/multimedia design and development for both the traditional college student and the professional graphic designer or web developer. We've built a reputation growing the Graphic Communications department from primarily classes teaching layout and graphic design for print-based production. Reacting to the demand for skills needed to get jobs designing and developing web sites we've partnered with other departments at Kalamazoo Valley Community College.Contact Us
100 East Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49007