SUMMER BRIDGE COURSE
July 6th - August 22th
ATTEND ONLY 2 DAYS PER WEEK
Mondays & Wednesdays
9:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
on the TEXAS TOWNSHIP CAMPUS
2:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
on the ARCADIA COMMONS CAMPUS
WHAT IS THE KVCC SUMMER BRIDGE COURSE?
The Summer Bridge Course can help prepare you for the demands of college life.
It is designed to help you succeed in making the transition from high school to college through an expanded orientation to Kalamazoo Valley Community College.
We introduce some basic college expectations and success strategies, identify resources available within the college and community, instruction in identifying one’s own passions and strengths and linking them to career and vocational opportunities.
- Get a jump-start on your college experience and the resources available to assist you
- Open to all high school seniors enrolling at Kalamazoo Valley Community College for the Fall 2016 semester
- Earn 3 college credit hours prior to fall semester
- Receive a thorough evaluation of both academic and personal skills needed for success in college
- Participate in career activities to help make informed career choices
- Discover your strengths
- Gain study skills, time-management skills, goal setting and test taking strategies necessary for academic success
- Enhance your social skills by meeting new friends and creating a support system with other summer bridge students
- Receive personal assistance in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2016/2017
- Meet college personnel poised to assist you throughout your college experience at Kalamazoo Valley Community College
HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Complete the KVCC application online at www.kvcc.edu/apply. The application is free and easy. You will receive your acceptance letter within one week.
Note: indicate summer 2016 on application
- Submit your ACT scores or have ACT submit your scores by going to www.actstudent.org. KVCC's ACT code is 2016. This may take 7-10 days.
- If you haven't taken the ACT or do not want to submit your scores, you must take the COMPASS test at Kalamazoo Valley Community College's Arcadia Commons Campus (ACC) or Texas Township Campus (TTC). Call 269.373.7834 or 269.488.4235 if you have questions.
- Attend a New Student Orientation (required for all new students). Call 269.488.4040 to register at the TTC or 269.373.7834 to attend a one-on-one orientation at ACC.
- Sign the Summer Bridge Student Agreement and register for the Summer Bridge Course during orientation.