To provide KVCC Dental Hygiene Program students with evidence-based education and clinical experiences to build their ethical standards and problem-solving skills thus preparing them to become professional hygienists in an evolving health care environment requiring adaption to changing technology, sensitivity to multi-cultural populations, and delivery of patient-centered treatment.
Dental Hygiene Program Goals
- To provide a broad-based education for dental hygiene students that will enable them to practice effectively in a variety of settings and /or extend their education.
- To provide theoretical course work and practical experience in the dental hygiene process of care.
- To provide dental hygiene students with the theory and practice of patient education, technologies, modalities, and strategies that will enable them to motivate clients to obtain, maintain, and enhance their oral health.
- To continually evaluate and procure updated modalities for the dental hygiene clinic to ensure the availability of state of the art equipment and technologies for practicum experiences.
- To provide professional development for the dental hygiene faculty to improve their quality of instruction and for oral health care professionals to improve job performance and career advancement.
- To provide dental hygiene students with theory and practical experiences with and for a diverse client population.