|Medical Assistant Technology|
To be considered for admission into the Medical Assistant Technology Program a student must:
- Submit a general admissions application to Kalamazoo Valley Community College listing Medical Assistant Technology as the program of choice.
- Have an overall grade point average of 2.0 or greater in all courses already taken at KVCC.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Achieve college level competencies in Reading, Writing, and Math via successful completion of COMPASS/ACT exams or equivalent college coursework as listed below. If applicants do not attain the minimum acceptable COMPASS/ACT scores, they will be required to take recommended coursework. Please note that the COMPASS/ACT score requirement in Reading cannot be waived by any prior coursework or college degrees. COMPASS placement tests are free of charge and can be done on a walk-in basis in the Testing Center (Room 2210).
- Minimum COMPASS scores:
- Reading - 84
- Writing - 70 (or ENG 110+)
- Math (Algebra/Test 2) - 34 (or Math 100+)
- Minimum ACT Scores:
- Reading - 18
- Writing - 18
- Math - 20