Reverse TransferReverse Transfer
What is it?
- The Reverse Transfer Agreement is for students who transferred from Kalamazoo Valley Community College to a four-year university within Michigan before earning an associate degree. Credits that have been completed at a university will be transferred back to Kalamazoo Valley and will be used to satisfy degree requirements for an associate degree.
What are the benefits?
- Reverse transfer provides students with an opportunity to add a marketable credential to their resume that will help give them an edge in the workforce. Obtaining an associate degree also allows students to receive full credit for their academic achievements. Students who receive their associate degree are more likely to finish their bachelor's degree, increase their earning power, and increase their employability by showing competency and a dedication to finishing an educational milestone.
University Phone Central Michigan University email@example.com (989) 774-4000 Davenport University firstname.lastname@example.org (866) 383-3548 Eastern Michigan University email@example.com (734) 487-1849 Ferris State University firstname.lastname@example.org (231) 591-2000 Grand Valley State University email@example.com (616) 331-3327 Lake Superior State University firstname.lastname@example.org (906) 632-6841 Michigan State University email@example.com (517) 353-3881 Michigan Technological University firstname.lastname@example.org (906) 487-2319 Northern Michigan University email@example.com (906) 227-1000 Saginaw Valley State University firstname.lastname@example.org (989) 964-4000 University of Michigan - Ann Arbor email@example.com (734) 764-7433 University of Michigan - Dearborn - (313) 593-0698 University of Michigan - Flint - (810) 762-3344 Wayne State University firstname.lastname@example.org (313) 577-2424 Western Michigan University email@example.com (269) 387-4300
How do I know if I am eligible?
- If you recently transferred to a four year institution from Kalamazoo Valley, the university's Registrar Office will notify you via your student email that you are eligible for review based on the number of credit hours you have completed. This typically occurs at the end of a semester.
- If you think you may be eligible but have not yet received a notification from your university, contact your Registrar’s Office for more information.
What are the next steps?
- If you are eligible, fill out Reverse Transfer Release Form and return it into your university's Registrar Office. The form and your transcripts will be released to Kalamazoo Valley and will be reviewed to see if you have qualified for an associate degree. All correspondence regarding the results of the review will be sent directly to the address provided on the form. This letter will notify you of the results of your audit.
Am I guaranteed a degree from Kalamazoo Valley?
- No. Kalamazoo Valley will evaluate your coursework and determine if the degree requirements for an associate degree have been met and will notify you accordingly.
- If you have additional questions about the Reverse Transfer process, please contact the Degree Auditor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 269-488-4407.