What is it?
- Reverse transfer is an agreement between Kalamazoo Valley Community
College and other four-year universities within Michigan that allows students to
receive an associate degree by combining credits completed at Kalamazoo
Valley with credits earned at the four-year university.
An associates degree from KVCC requires 62 credits, with various requirements, depending on your elected program. Reverse transfer is not applicable to certificates offered at KVCC, only associates degrees.
- Reverse transfer is an agreement between Kalamazoo Valley Community College and other four-year universities within Michigan that allows students to receive an associate degree by combining credits completed at Kalamazoo Valley with credits earned at the four-year university.
What are the benefits?
- Reverse transfer provides students with an opportunity to add a marketable credential to their resume that will help give them an edge in the workforce. Obtaining an associate degree also allows students to receive full credit for their academic achievements. Students who receive their associate's degree are more likely to finish their bachelor's degree, increase their earning power, and increase their hire ability by showing competency and a dedication to finishing an educational milestone.
Institution Minimum KVCC Credits Minimum University Credits Western Michigan University
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
45 15 Grand Valley State University
Contact email@example.com for questions
15 15 Central Michigan University
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
15 45 Michigan State University
Contact email@example.com for questions
15 15 Ferris State University
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
15 15 Davenport University
Contact email@example.com for questions
45 15 Eastern Michigan University
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
45 0 Northern Michigan University
Contact email@example.com for questions
45 15 University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
45 15 Saginaw Valley State University
Contact email@example.com for questions
15 15 Lake Superior State University
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions
45 15 Wayne State University
Contact email@example.com for questions
How do I know if I am eligible?
- If you recently transferred to a four year institution from Kalamazoo Valley, the university's Registrar Office will notify you via email that you are eligible for review based on the number of credit hours you have completed, typically at the end of a semester.
What happens next?
- If you are eligible, fill out Reverse Transfer Release Form, included in your email and turn it into your university's Registrar Office. The form and your transcripts will be released to Kalamazoo Valley and they will be reviewed to see if you have qualified to be awarded the associates degree. All correspondence regarding the results of the review will be sent directly to you from Kalamazoo Valley in the form of a letter, so make sure your address is correct. This letter will let you know of any credits you are short of the associates that you can either take at KVCC or your 4 year college to complete the degree.
Am I guaranteed a degree from KVCC?
- No. Valley will evaluate your coursework and determine if the degree requirements for the associate degree have been met and notify you accordingly.
- Contact the office of Admissions, Registration and Records at Kalamazoo Valley for additional information about reverse transfer either in person, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 269-488-5650 or fax 269-488-4161.