High School Student

High School Student


☐ Admission

Complete an application online. You should begin this process by the first of April for fall semester classes or October for winter semester classes. You will receive your acceptance letter in the mail within one week. Applicants under the age of 14 will need to seek approval for admission from the Director of Admissions, Registration and Records. Please call 269.488.4281 for underage applicant procedures.

☐ High School Approval

Consult with your high school representative to determine your Early College or Dual Enrollment qualifications under the Postsecondary Enrollment Options Act (PSEO).

☐ Assessment

Course prerequisites are enforced at Kalamazoo Valley which requires assessment of your placement level prior to registering for classes. There are three ways you can satisfy this requirement:

☐ Consultation

Meet with a Kalamazoo Valley counselor to plan your college pathway to success. Call the Student Service Center to schedule an appointment.

☐ Registration

Register for classes online in My Valley or by coming on campus during posted registration hours. Registration begins in March for summer, in April for fall, and October for winter and continues through the start of classes. Students attending college for the first time must be registered prior to the first week of class.

If you will be registering for a class with seats reserved for high school students, you will need to be identified as a PSEO student either by submission of a PSEO form for Dual Enrolled students or notice to Kalamazoo Valley by the high school of acceptance into the Early College program. Please allow two business days for processing from the time of notification before attempting to register for reserved seats.

☐ Payment (PSEO Form)

A completed PSEO Tuition and Transcript Authorization form must be submitted to the Financial Services office prior to the payment deadline. The PSEO form must show the classes you are approved and registered for to retain your classes. The form is available online or from your high school.

☐ Student ID

Stop by the Student Service Center when the semester begins to pick up a Student ID card needed to use many services. At the Arcadia Commons Campus, it is required for parking validation and door access.

Download PDF Version Have questions or need help?