50th Anniversary
New Student

New Student


Admission - Complete an application online. Be sure to identify your program of interest or select undecided if you are unsure at this time. You will receive an acceptance letter within one week.

Financial Aid - If you are pursuing a degree or certificate and plan to apply for financial aid it is important that you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov as soon as possible to start the financial aid process for the appropriate award year. Kalamazoo Valley’s federal school code is 006949. Financial aid options include grants, scholarships, work opportunities and loans for qualified students.

Assessment - Course prerequisites are enforced at Kalamazoo Valley which requires assessment of your placement level prior to registering for classes. There are three ways you can satisfy this requirement:
  • SAT/ACT scores - Kalamazoo Valley accepts ACT scores and the new SAT scores from tests taken March 2016 or after. Submit your scores to the Student Success Center.
  • Placement Test - complete the free placement test given on a walk-in basis in our Testing Centers.
  • College Courses - complete a college level English and/or math class at another institution with a grade of 2.0/C or better, or have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher as identified on the Kalamazoo Valley application.

  • New Student Orientation - Attending orientation is mandatory for all new students. At orientation, you will be introduced to the Kalamazoo Valley campus and the services available to you. Counselors will help you select and register for classes online. Call 269.488.4048 to schedule an appointment.

    Registration - Register for classes online in My Valley or by coming on campus during posted registration hours. Registration begins in March for summer, in April for fall, and October for winter and continues through the start of classes. Students attending college for the first time must be registered prior to the first week of class.

    Payment - Tuition bills are available online in My Valley. Pay for your classes online, on campus, or by mail during deferred payment periods. Payment plan options are available. If you have applied for financial aid or a third-party is paying, check your account to make sure your payment is in place and pay any remaining balance by the deadline.

    Student ID - Stop by the Student Service Center when the semester begins to pick up a Student ID card needed to use many services. At the Arcadia Commons Campus, it is required for parking validation and door access.

    Download PDF Version

    Have questions or need help?