Non-Degree Seeking Student

Non-Degree Seeking Student


☐ Admission

Complete an application online. Be sure to indicate your program is unclassified so we know you are not seeking a degree. You can change your program if you decide to pursue a degree or certificate. You will receive an acceptance letter within one week.

☐ Assessment

Course prerequisites are enforced at Kalamazoo Valley which requires assessment of your placement level prior to registering for classes. There are three ways you can satisfy this requirement:

☐ Registration

Register for classes online in My Valley or by coming on campus during posted registration hours. Registration begins in March for summer, in April for fall, and October for winter and continues through the start of classes. Students attending college for the first time must be registered prior to the first week of class.

☐ Payment

Tuition bills are available online in My Valley. Pay for your classes online, on campus, or by mail during deferred payment periods. Payment plan options are available. If a third-party is paying, check your account to make sure your payment is in place and pay any remaining balance by the deadline.

☐ Audit

If you do not wish to receive credit or a grade for a class, submit your request to audit the course no later than the end of the first week of class. If you are pursuing a degree or certificate, especially if you qualify for financial aid, you must take your classes for credit.

☐ Student ID

Stop by the Student Service Center when the semester begins to pick up a Student ID card needed to use many services. At the Arcadia Commons Campus, it is required for parking validation and door access.

Download PDF Version Have questions or need help?