Returning Student

Returning Student


☐ Record Update

If you attended Kalamazoo Valley in the past two years, your account is still active. You will only need to submit a Personal Information Update form if you have moved or changed your name since last attending. Complete an application online if you have not attended in the past two years. This will update your information and reactivate your account. You must have your record updated before proceeding to the next step.

☐ Financial Aid

If you are pursuing a degree or certificate and plan to apply for financial aid, it is important that you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at as soon as possible to start the financial aid process for the appropriate award year. Kalamazoo Valley’s federal school code is 006949. Financial aid options include grants, scholarships, work opportunities and loans for qualified students.

☐ Transfer

To receive transfer credit toward a degree at Kalamazoo Valley, forward official, unopened college transcripts for evaluation to: Degree Auditor, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, PO Box 4070, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-4070.

☐ Consultation

If you need help selecting courses or a program of study, counselors are available to assist you. Contact the Student Service Center to schedule an appointment.

☐ Registration

Register for classes online in My Valley or by coming on campus during posted registration hours. Registration begins in March for summer, in April for fall, and October for winter and continues through the start of classes. Students attending college for the first time must be registered prior to the first week of class.

☐ Payment

Tuition bills are available online in My Valley. Pay for your classes online, on campus, or by mail during deferred payment periods. Payment plan options are available. If you have applied for financial aid or a third-party is paying, check your account to make sure your payment is in place and pay any remaining balance by the deadline.

☐ Student ID

Stop by the Student Service Center when the semester begins to pick up a Student ID card needed to use many services. At the Arcadia Commons Campus, it is required for parking validation and door access.

Download PDF Version Have questions or need help?