Senior Citizen

Senior Citizen


☐ Admission

Complete an application online. Be sure to identify your program as unclassified if you are not pursuing a degree or select your chosen degree program. You will receive an acceptance letter within one week.

☐ Senior Tuition Waiver

Students who are at least age 62 and live in-district may qualify for a tuition scholarship. Before registering, be sure to read about the Senior Tuition Waiver online as qualification will depend on when you register for classes.

☐ Assessment

Course prerequisites are enforced at Kalamazoo Valley which requires assessment of your placement level prior to registering for classes. There are three ways you can satisfy this requirement:

☐ Registration

Register for classes online in My Valley or by coming on campus during posted registration hours. Registration begins in March for summer, in April for fall, and October for winter and continues through the start of classes. Students attending college for the first time must be registered prior to the first week of class.

☐ Payment

Tuition bills are available online in My Valley. Pay for your classes online, on campus, or by mail during deferred payment periods. If you have applied for financial aid or a third-party is paying, check your account to make sure your payment is in place and pay any remaining balance by the deadline.

If you qualify for the Senior Tuition Waiver, provide proper identification to the Admissions, Registration and Records office for certification after you have registered. Then submit your Senior Tuition Waiver certification form along with your fee payment to the Pay Station by the payment deadline.

☐ Audit

If you do not wish to receive credit or a grade for a class, submit your request to audit the course no later than the end of the first week of class. If you are pursuing a degree or certificate, especially if you qualify for financial aid, you must take your classes for credit.

☐ Student ID

Stop by the Student Service Center when the semester begins to pick up a Student ID card needed to use many services. At the Arcadia Commons Campus, it is required for parking validation and door access.

Download PDF Version Have questions or need help?