Underage Student

Underage Student


☐ Admission

Complete an application online. You should begin this process by the first of April for fall semester classes or October for winter semester classes. You will receive your acceptance letter in the mail within one week. Applicants under the age of 14 will need to seek approval for admission from the Director of Admissions, Registration and Records. Please call 269.488.4281 for underage applicant procedures.

☐ Assessment

Complete the free placement test given on a walk-in basis at the Kalamazoo Valley Testing Centers. High school students can check with their high school to see if the test is available at their school.

☐ Consultation

After your assessment has been evaluated, you will be contacted by the Admissions, Registration and Records office. If appropriate, a meeting will be scheduled with you and your parent(s). An admission decision will be made during this meeting.

☐ Registration

Register for classes online in My Valley or by coming on campus during posted registration hours. Registration begins in March for summer, in April for fall, and October for winter and continues through the start of classes. Students attending college for the first time must be registered prior to the first week of class.

☐ Payment

Tuition bills are available online in My Valley. Pay for your classes online, on campus, or by mail during deferred payment periods. Payment plan options are available. If a third-party is paying, check your account to make sure your payment is in place and pay any remaining balance by the deadline.

☐ Student ID

Stop by the Student Service Center when the semester begins to pick up a Student ID card needed to use many services. At the Arcadia Commons Campus, it is required for parking validation and door access.

Download PDF Version Have questions or need help?