Veteran Student

Veteran Student


☐ Admission

Complete an application online. Be sure to identify your program of interest or select undecided if you are unsure at this time. You will receive an acceptance letter within one week.

☐ VA Educational Benefits

Apply for VA educational benefits by logging in to your eBenefits account or by visiting and complete the education application. If you have questions about applying for your benefits, call the Veterans Service Coordinator at 269.488.4817. Submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility you receive to the VA certifying official in the Financial Aid office. Veteran Educational Benefits are certified on a semester basis. If you are using Tuition Assistance, submit any paperwork to Accounts Receivable in the Financial Services office. Note: The Veteran Services Coordinator should be your first point of contact at the college.

☐ Financial Aid

If you are pursuing a degree or certificate and plan to apply for financial aid, it is important that you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at as soon as possible to start the financial aid process for the appropriate award year. Kalamazoo Valley’s federal school code is 006949. Financial aid options include grants, scholarships, work opportunities and loans for qualified students.

☐ Transfer

To receive transfer credit toward a degree, forward official, unopened college transcripts, a Joint Service Transcript or a Community College of the Air Force transcript for evaluation to: Degree Auditor, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, PO Box 4070, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-4070.

☐ Assessment

Course prerequisites are enforced at Kalamazoo Valley which requires assessment of your placement level prior to registering for classes. There are three ways you can satisfy this requirement:

☐ New Student Orientation

Attending orientation is mandatory for all new students. At orientation, you will be introduced to the Kalamazoo Valley campus and the services available to you. Counselors will help you select and register for classes online. Call 269.488.4048 to request a veteran-specific orientation.

☐ Registration

Register for classes online in My Valley or by coming on campus during posted registration hours. Registration begins in March for summer, in April for fall, and October for winter and continues through the start of classes. Students attending college for the first time must be registered prior to the first week of class.

☐ Student ID

Stop by the Student Service Center when the semester begins to pick up a Student ID card needed to use many services. At the Arcadia Commons Campus, it is required for parking validation and door access.

Download PDF Version Have questions or need help?