Kalamazoo Valley Community College has partnered with Higher One, a financial services company, to bring an option for receiving your financial aid credit balance/refund - the VALLEY ONECARD. Your VALLEY ONECARD will be mailed to you at the address on file with the college. Be sure the college has your current address.

Do not throw away your VALLEY ONECARD. If the card must be replaced there will be a $20 fee. You will use this card to sign in to to select how you will receive your financial aid credit balance/refund.

Your VALLEY ONECARD will provide choice in how you will receive your financial aid credit balance/refund.

Your options for delivery include:

  • Deposit to an account with Higher One - Easy Refund to the OneAccount — funds available same day as each refund date listed above.
  • Direct deposit (ACH Transfer) to a bank of your choice — funds available 2 to 3 days after each refund date listed below.
  • If you do not make a choice, funds electronically sent to Higher One for you will be refunded by paper check. Contact Pay Station for more information.

If you are a first-time loan borrower, your loan proceeds will not disburse to your account until after 30 days have elapsed from the beginning of your loan period. This means your loan proceeds will not be available to you until two weeks after the initial refunding start date.

You should activate your VALLEY ONECARD as soon as you receive it. Questions regarding this card should be directed to the Pay Station at 269-488-4292.