Direct Loan Check List
- Apply for a FSA ID.
- Complete FAFSA and satisfy any outstanding requirements. Outstanding requirements can be found accessing your My Valley account.
- All students must submit a KVCC Financial Aid Adjustment Form to request an unsubsidized loan.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling for first-time loan borrowers. This is a one-time requirement for KVCC student borrowers. If you have previously completed Entrance Loan Counseling for another college, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
- Review Financial Aid Award letter by accessing your MyValley account. If no loan is awarded and you would like a loan, complete and return KVCC Financial Aid Adjustment Form.
- Accept, Reduce or Decline Student Loan on your MyValley page.
- You must complete and sign a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) if you have not previously borrowed under the Direct Loan program. (This includes all previous loan borrowers at KVCC, unless you borrowed under the Direct Loan program previously at another college).
- Agree to the Pre-Loan Certification information on your MyValley account.
- If you have borrowed federal student loan in another academic year and still owe on your loan, you will need to complete the Loan Debt Awareness Form.