Direct Loan Check List
- Apply for a Federal Pin Number.
- Complete FAFSA and satisfy any outstanding requirements. Outstanding requirements can be found accessing your My Valley account.
- First-time loan borrowers at KVCC must also complete the KVCC Financial Aid Adjustment Form with verification attached demonstrating that they have completed Financial Awareness Counseling. This is a one-time requirement for first-time KVCC student borrowers beginning in the 2014-2015 school year.
- Beginning in 2014-2015, all students must submit a KVCC Financial Aid Adjustment Form to request an unsubsidized loan.
- Complete Entrance Loan Counseling for first-time loan borrowers. This is a one-time requirement for KVCC student borrowers.
- Review Financial Aid Award letter by accessing your MyValley account. If no loan is awarded and you would like a loan, complete and return KVCC Financial Aid Adjustment Form.
- Accept, Reduce or Decline Student Loan on your MyValley page.
- You must complete and sign a new Master Promissory Note (MPN) if you have not previously borrowed under the Direct Loan program. (This includes all previous loan borrowers at KVCC, unless you borrowed under the Direct Loan program previously at another college).
- If you have borrowed federal student loan in another academic year and still owe on your loan, you will need to complete the Loan Debt Awareness Form.