Third Party Billing Authorizations

Kalamazoo Valley Community College makes arrangements, called Third Party Billing Authorizations (called Authorizations), with companies, agencies, and other organizations to invoice them for student charges.

  1. Authorizations must be received in the Accounts Receivable office at least one business day prior to or no later than your payment due date or class(es) may be dropped for non-payment. Once an authorization is received, a “Hold” is placed on the student account which will hold their classes from dropping for non-payment.
  2. Tuition Reimbursement Programs through individual companies do not qualify as Third Party Billing Authorizations.
  3. Students are responsible for any balance due if Authorization is for partial payments. Students are responsible for dropping classes they do not intend to take.
  4. Invoices for Third Party Billing Authorizations can take 6-8 weeks after the start of the semester for processing.
  5. The following information must appear in the authorization letter:
    • Student name
    • Student Valley #
    • Authorized Semester
    • Authorized charges (i.e. tuition, fees, books, supplies, etc.; or limit of expenditures)
    • Clear billing instructions
    • Authorization must be on company letterhead and include an authorized signature
  6. Authorizations can be faxed to the Accounts Receivable Office at 269.488.4555 or e-mailed to
  7. For more information about Third Party Billing Authorizations, please call the Accounts Receivable office at 269.488.4227.