Professional Conduct Policy
Career and Student Employment Services at KVCC reserves the right to edit, delete, or decline employer registration that requires financial investment on the part of our students/alumni or may involve unreasonable risks or violates any of the NACE Principles of Professional Practice
Career and Student Employment Services reserves the right to refuse services to employers for any of the following reasons:
- Dishonesty and/or misrepresentation of the company and/or position.
- Discrimination according to Equal Employment Opportunity practices.
- Failure to provide FULL DISCLOSURE of essential information concerning the nature of the position or compensation including but not limited to commission only, job responsibilities or applicant requirements; breach of confidentiality; backing out on established agreements between Career and Student Employment Services and the employer (verbal or written); reneging on a job offer to a student, alumni, and community members.
- Harassment of Kalamazoo Valley students, alumni, staff or faculty.
- Failure to adhere to the Kalamazoo Career Fair guidelines and/or any other violation of Kalamazoo Valley rules and regulations. Any fees paid to the college through Career and Student Employment Services during this period are forfeited to the institution.
Participation and Attendance
All job fairs hosted by Kalamazoo Valley Career and Student Employment Services are solely for employers to recruit students, alumni and community members, and for these candidates to meet employers to discuss career opportunities.
Career and Student Employment Services events are not for employers to solicit employer business contacts. If an employer is found to be conducting business other than recruiting students, alumni and community members for possible employment, that employer will be asked to leave the event immediately. In addition, that employer forfeits any fees associated with the event and will be subject to the professional conduct policy.
Employers identified as third-party recruiters and/or staffing agencies may be limited to participation in job fairs and career events on a waiting-list basis; if space is available after career fair registration deadline is reached, companies representing any of the aforementioned categories may be permitted to participate in the event, at the discretion of the Career and Student Employment Services department.
Multilevel Marketing Companies
Multilevel marketing or network marketing companies are not considered “employers” by Kalamazoo Valley Career and Student Employment Services and are not eligible to participate in job fairs, career fairs, employer presentations, or sponsorships for on-campus activities.
The Career and Student Employment Services department considers organizations that engage in the following to be Multilevel Marketing companies:
- Sponsoring an individual to set up his/her own business for the purpose of selling products or services and/or recruiting other individuals to set up their own business.
- Requiring an initial investment from this individual, with the organization itself serving as an umbrella or parent corporation. The initial investment may be direct payment of a fixed fee, payment to attend an orientation or training session, and/or purchase of a starter kit.
- Compensation is often in the form of straight commission, fees from others under their sponsorship in the organization, and/or a percentage of sales generated by others.
- Payment is due upon registration
- Credit/debit cards or e-checks will be accepted
- The institution does not have the ability to bill registration fees
- Registration and payment includes: 1 table, 2 chairs, 2 company representatives (lunch provided for both) and 1 reserved parking space. Please contact email@example.com if you would like additional representatives to attend (no more than 4 total).
"No Show", Cancellation, and Refunds
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations that occur two weeks (14 calendar days) or less prior to any Career and Student Employment Services event. During the period greater than 14 days, employers may request a refund of fees paid by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kalamazoo Career Fair will not provide refunds to "no-shows". Organization's fees will be held responsible for expenses incurred by KVCC and fees paid are forfeited.
- No refunds are given to any company/business that has violated a Career and Student Employment Services policy and is denied services. Fees paid are forfeited.
- Please understand that refunds may take between 30-45 days to process.
- Changes or cancellations will be accepted provided that notification is given in writing to Career and Student and Employment Services. Cancellations must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by the stated cancellation deadlines.
- In the rare instance that the registration fee is not paid, yet the employer was confirmed to attend the fair, and subsequently “no-shows”, that financial obligation remains due and payable to the Career and Student Employment Services upon demand.
- Two consecutive "no-shows" will result in the removal of the organization's name from our invitation list.
There will be only one reserved parking space per company located near the entrance of the Kalamazoo Career Fair. Career and Student Employment Services encourages company representatives to car pool to the event.