Kalamazoo Valley Community College On- Campus Recruiting
We are here to assist employers on how best to market their organizations at Kalamazoo Valley Community College. Let us help you connect with students, faculty and staff. Through partnerships, we can guide you in your recruitment activities at KVCC. Specialty employers may be exempt from these guidelines.
Contact Workforce Coordinator, Mary McConnell at 269.488.4046 or email@example.com for more information.
In partnership with Pure Michigan Talent Connect, employers are encouraged to post employment opportunities on Kalamazoo Valley's job board www.mitalent.org.
Career and Student Employment Services reserves the right to edit, delete or decline employer profiles, job postings or on campus recruiting requests that require a financial investment on the part of students/alumni or those that provide financial incentives to staff who recruit new hires for which the recruiting staff member receives a portion of the new hire’s commission. In addition, postings or requests that are not in compliance with the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Employment Professionals are subject to edits, deletions or declines.
Kalamazoo Valley Community College offers an Employer Excellence Partnership program for maximum visibility on campus.
If your company isn’t in a position to participate in the Employer Excellence Partnership program, please contact Mary McConnell at 269.488.4046 to schedule a general recruiting visit. The general on campus recruiting program policy and process is as follows:
- Employers are allowed to recruit on campus once per semester, fall and winter only and not during the first week or finals week of the semester
- One table and two chairs are provided
- Employers agree to provide flexible scheduling to accommodate class schedules
- Visits are allowed Monday – Thursday between the hours of 10am-3pm for maximum traffic
- Reservations need to be made at least one week prior to requested visit
- Employers need to track traffic, interviews, and job offers that result from the campus visit
- Representatives should remain at the table for the duration of the visit
- If an employer needs to cancel, notice needs to be given to the Career and Student Employment Services office
- If an employer no-shows, that will count as the one visit allowed per semester
- KVCC does not allow on campus recruitment to employers that require a fee payment or investment prior to employment or those employers that provide financial incentives to staff who recruit new hires for which the recruiting staff member receives a portion of the new hire’s commission
During your on campus recruitment, keep track of a few numbers by using the On-Campus Recruiting Form