The Internship Program is a part of the Student Success Center.What is an Internship?
They are designed to provide the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom in a work environment. Internships may be paid or unpaid. In some instances, if you are currently working and your job is related to your program of study, your job may be approved as an internship experience. Back to top
The Benefits of an Internship...
- An Internship allows an intern to receive college credit while working in his/her area of study.
- An internship provides an opportunity to explore the world of work in a specific program of study.
- An intern may receive employer work recommendations upon completion of the internship.
- Research has shown that practical internship experience enhances employability. Back to top
- Be enrolled in a certificate or two-year degree program at Kalamazoo Valley Community College.
- Have good academic habits as well as being responsible, punctual, business-like in appearance and behavior, and possess effective communication skills.
- Work with the internship site supervisor to identify Learning Objectives that reflect your degree or certificate program.
- Register for the designated internship credit hours for your degree or certificate program.
- Work a minimum of 48 hours per credit hour at the internship site to earn the required credit hours.
- Work the scheduled hours agreed upon with the internship site in order to fulfill the internship requirement.
- Perform the tasks assigned by the internship site and follow company/organization policies and protocols.
- Submit a Final Summary Portfolio of the experience to the KVCC Internship Coordinator at the end of the semester. Back to top
Where to start...
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Contact the Internship Coordinator.
- Obtain an Internship packet from office (Rm 9300) or print Internship Packet.
- For a list of Learning Objectives in your field, click on the appropriate program of study in the list below.
- Volunteer experiences can also be used for internship credit. Check out the opportunities at the Volunteer Center of Greater Kalamazoo. Back to top
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Support
- Business Administration
- Computer Programming for Business
- Computer Support Technician
- General Marketing
- Legal Office Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
Business, Management, Marketing, & Technology
Engineering/Manufacturing & Industrial Technology
**These programs offer an internship as an elective. Back to top