Save yourself time and money!
- The PLA Office will inform the student of the preparation process and
components required when compiling a portfolio. The office also
reviews the readiness of the portfolio to ensure all components are in
place before it is presented to the department for evaluation.
The student will then be given a request form to complete.
- The student takes the request form to the Pay Station and pays a nonrefundable $30.00 per credit hour
fee before the portfolio is submitted to the department. The Pay Station Ooffice
signs the request form and sends the form back to the PLA Office.
- The PLA Office forwards the portfolio and the prior learning request form to
the appropriate department who identifies which faculty member will
evaluate the portfolio.
- The appropriate faculty member evaluates the material presented, decides how many
PLA credits to award and indicates if a grade earned of (2.0 - 4.0)
should be issued.
- The PLA Office ensures the credit(s) are posted to
the students transcript. A copy of the transcript will be mailed
to the student.