The President shall not cause or allow any practice, activity, decision or organizational circumstance which is illegal, imprudent or in violation of commonly accepted business and professional ethics.
Accordingly, the President may not:
- Deal with students, staff, or persons from the community in an inhumane, illegally discriminatory or undignified manner.
- Permit financial conditions which risk fiscal jeopardy or compromise Board Ends priorities.
- Provide information and advice to the Board which is untimely, incomplete or inaccurate.
- Permit conflict of interest in awarding purchases or other contracts or hiring of employees.
- Allow the day-to-day operations to impede the vision or prevent the achievement of the Ends of the Institution.
- Manage the Institution without adequate administrative policies for matters involving finances, staff, students, facilities and college services.
- Permit the sale or use of alcohol for personal consumption at any facility of the Institution nor allow the Institution's funds to be used to purchase alcohol for personal consumption.
- Fail to have an operational policy that restricts the possession of weapons and/or dangerous weapons on property owned, leased or otherwise controlled by the Board of Trustees of Kalamazoo Valley Community College.
- Fail to establish procedures for recognizing individuals or organizations who appear to be eligible for appropriate recognition by the Board of Trustees. Such procedures shall not fail to include
- procedures for naming a physical facility or component thereof,
- granting of emeritus status,
- granting of an honorary degree, and
- the prohibition of any monetary payment or special status for the above reference recognitions.
- Alter the restricted use for any designated area on Institutional property without prior Board authorization.
June 8, 1999
Dates Modified: September 14, 1999; October 14, 2003; March 9, 2004; and September 11, 2007