Credit From Other Institutions
Credit For Prior Learning
CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
DANTES (Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support)
- Only official transcripts will be evaluated. Incoming transcripts that
have appropriate signatures and seals and have been mailed directly or
unopened from an issuing institution will be accepted for transfer credit.
- Official transcripts should be mailed to Kalamazoo Valley Community
College from the transfer institution to 6767 West 'O' Avenue, Box 4070,
Kalamazoo, MI 49003-4070.
- Credits only, not grades are accepted in transfer. Grades are not entered
on the official transcript or calculated in the cumulative grade point
- A maximum of 45 credits acquired through transfer, training or examination
programs are accepted toward the associate degree. The credit value for each
course accepted in transfer will not be greater than the equivalent course at
- If a determination cannot be made on what credit the student should
receive the student may have to obtain a copy of the course description from
the transferring institution and then the Degree Office will contact a faculty
member for determination.
- Transfer credit granted will be shown on the student's transcript. An
official transcript may be obtained from the Admissions, Records and
Registration Office, Room 4550, Texas Township Campus. You may also request
your unofficial transcript via the KVCC website.
Back to Top
- Credit for Prior Learning is initiated within the Counseling Office.
Please call 269.488.4123 for assistance.
- To apply for military credit you must have a KVCC application on file. You
may obtain an application by calling 269.488.4100 or from the KVCC website.
- All veterans having a certified DD214, AARTS or SMART transcript will be
granted 2 credits of Physical Education and 2 credits of Safety and First Aid.
- Veterans who have taken other educational programs during military service
may receive additional credit. The Guide to the Evaluation of Education
Experiences in the Armed Services by the American Council of Education is used
to determine these credits.
- Courses completed at accredited military colleges, such as The Community
College of the Air Force, may also be added to your KVCC transcript. Forward
an official copy of your college transcript to the college address.
- There is no charge for this service, however, if you wish to have an
official transcript sent please include a $3.00 charge per transcript and the
address to where you wish this transcript to be sent.
Back to Top
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is a national standardized test
in selected areas and is accepted for college credit. The test is a
- CLEP is given on a walk-in basis at the Testing Center, Room 2210. There
is a $15.00 administration fee. Before taking the test the administration fee
must be paid to the Pay Station, Room 4203, by cash, check or credit card.
- There is a $55.00 examination fee and must be paid by
at the Pay Station. The college accepts VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
- It is advisable to call the Testing Center to let them know that you are
coming. No tests are given three (3) hours before closing.
- You must indicate Kalamazoo Valley Community College as the college of
- Upon receipt of your successful exam scores from CLEP, we will record the
appropriate credit on your academic transcript
- If you fail the exam, you will not be able to retake the exam for six (6)
- For more information regarding CLEP check out their website at
Back to Top
- DANTES is a national standardized test in selected areas and is accepted
for college credit.
- DANTES is a paper and pencil test. You must make an appointment at least
three (3) weeks in advance of when you wish to take the test. When making your
appointment, fill out the Test Order Form in the Testing Center.
- There is a $15.00 administration fee payable at the Pay Station and must
be paid by cash, check or credit card.
- There is a $60.00 examination fee and must be paid by
at the Pay Station. The College accepts VISA, MasterCard or Discover.
- You must indicate Kalamazoo Valley Community College as the receiver of
your test scores to obtain credit. Please use school code 8665.
- No exam is given three (3) hours before closing.
- Upon receipt of your successful exam scores from DANTES, we will record
the appropriate credit on your academic transcript.
- If you fail the exam, you will not be able to take the exam for six (6)
For information check out their website at www.getcollegecredit.com
Back to Top
Graduation Audit Menu Page