Enrollment steps for Senior Citizen applicants

Kalamazoo Valley Community College offers many classes for those who wish to expand their horizons.  Our low tuition and fee structure make it appealing to participate in art, language, computer, physical education, music, history and a variety of other courses.  Senior students are welcome to take select courses for personal interest, or pursue a degree or certificate.  We also offer courses designed specifically for our senior citizens at community locations convenient for you.

  1. Admission - Complete an application online or submit a printed version.  Be sure to indicate your program is Unclassified (UNCL) so we know you are not seeking a degree. You can always change your program later if you decide to pursue a degree or certificate.  You must be admitted to KVCC before proceeding to the next step.

  2. Assessment - Optional:  Some courses require prerequisites that are enforced at the time of registration. Your record will be checked for either the correct test score levels or course completion. If you elect to take one of these courses and have not completed the appropriate prerequisite course, you will need to have test scores in place. You may either submit your recent ACT scores or you may wish to take the Placement Assessment for skill level evaluation on a walk-in basis.  Contact the Student Service Center at 269-488-4100 for additional information.

  3. Registration - Register for your classes online or by coming on campus during posted registration hours. Before registering, be sure to see if you qualify for a tuition scholarship through a Senior Tuition Waiver as qualification will depend on when you register for class. Registration Dates and Times

  4. Audit - Optional: If you do not wish to receive credit or a grade, submit your request to audit the course.

  5. Payment - If you qualify for the Senior Tuition Waiver, provide proper identification within one business day of your registration. Otherwise, pay for your classes by credit card online, by coming on campus, or by mail during deferred payment periods. Payment Information 

Web Registration and Payment Instructions